DAY 5 (FIFTH DAY)

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

____________________________________________________________

 Independence Day (July 4, Year 250)

"Hello... My name is Billy.  I hear Radio Waves in my head...."



Today is the 4th of July.  250 years.  Independence Day.  Maybe that's a number you can try?  


What number?


Listen and you will see.


Have you gotten to the part with numbers?  Feed the machine.  You're already doing it.  You might as well do it consciously.


I went out the night before last and danced the Manta Ray.




I wore a Guadalupe t-shirt and imagined myself a bull-fighter with a long, swift rapier.  Is that what they're called?  You probably know what I mean.  



But someone came up to me and said I was racist to dress that way, so I hid in the corner.  

  I'm sorry.   I really am.


1 1 1 1 1 1 7 1 1 1 1 1 1

I always loved India, South America, Germany, et al.  But I guess I'm a racist for wanting to celebrate a culture that is not my own?  Did I say something wrong?   I'm an old man now.  I speak what I think.  I'm a racist for wanting to be a bull fighter.  


Our culture is not your costume.


Sorry for offending.  It's just I imagine myself a bull fighter.  I see myself in the outfit, and--in my mind--I look pretty good, too.  But that's neither here nor there.  I'll stick with what I know and maintain a culture appropriateness.



I know Hawthorne, Melville, Emerson, Thoreau, Dickinson, Poe, Morrison, Walker, Albee, Ellison, Twain, Fitzgerald, Williams, Jacobs, or...  am I not to like them, too?

My culture is not your costume?

Yeah, fuck you too.


I am the conquistador bull-fighter.  I'll go into the ring, and flowers--flowers--fall at my feet.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1 (Day One) First Day

DAY 4 (FOURTH DAY)

DAY 3 (THIRD DAY)